Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Letter dated March 6, 2012 (1)

March 6, 2012

Dear Mom,
My p-day is Tuesday but I only have one more here before we leave to go to The Dominican Republic!!!! I did get your Dearelder letters and I am very thankful for them. I feel so loved and i think about my family everyday. Thank you for the girl scout cookies and the other package I got last week. Sam sent me a package with a bunch of good in it and he also sent me a letter so that's nice.
This past week has been alright. More learning and more stress. I'm working hard and trying not to be a stick in the mud: we're all missionaries but even servants called of God try to bend the rules. Elder Shimamoto is learning more spanish and opening up more. He is now the senior companion and it's been going well. Elder Montgomery isthe district leader and has kinda been abusing that power: you're allowed to go on exchanges with another missionary for temporary illness, and exercising during gym time but he's been going off with Elder Timmons a lot which is frustrating because we are supposed to be with one another all the time. It's difficult to be exactly obedient when your companion isn't on the same page. We've talked about it and it has been better.
Elder Holland came last Tuesday for the devotional. It was amazing! you should all try to look up that devotional and watch it. He is so powerful when he speaks. Some quotes: pull up your socks to your armpits and go to work.
When you come back I want this to be so ingrained and imprinted in you that nothing will ever take it away.
Be your first investigator and your first convert and don't you dare come back without being changed. And don't you dare hang up your mission like a used towel when you get home.
"This is Real Life, this is the closest you will ever get to REAL LIFE!"
Alex Boye came on sunday and shared his conversion story and he sang for us. It was so cool. He is so amazing and funny! you shoud try and look up the fireside so you can watch it. it was sooooo good.
One of my teachers: Hermano Russell said something that I thought was really profound: "That badge is the heaviest thing I've ever worn, but the hands that hold you up are the strongest." He is so wise and is a really good teacher. Spanish is still hard and I don't know if that will ever change. But I'm determined to work hard and learn as much as possible.
I got my travel plans and we leave March 15. We fly to Fort Worth Texas Elder Montgomery's home town) then we fly to Florida then to Santo Domingo. So I'll get to write one more time before I leave. Don't send any letters or packages unless you know for certain the will make it to me before I leave. I assume they will send me an email with my address in Santo Domingo but I'm not sure. I will let you know. I'm so excited! This is really happening. I know it will be hard because this will total and complete immersion into spanish like I've not experienced. It will be good though.
So our first investigator that we taught probably 5-6 times has now become our teacher. Hilario is actually Hermano Defigueiredo who went to Nicaragua on his mission and taught, converted, and baptised, the real Hilario. It was a cool experience and good practice. we are now going to be teaching Hermano Russell who will be playing the part of Antonio who we assume he taught on his mission. This place is awesome. They really have this whole teaching thing down to a science.
Well i have only a minute left to send this email. I only get 30 minutes every p-day. so I will send a letter as well with more information and less rushed, scatter brained thoughts.
Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment