Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Letter dated 3/13/12

March 13, 2012
Dear Family and Friends,
Well the time has nearly come to leave this great country to the land of heat, humidity, and spanish. I'm very excited and a little nervous but I know the Lord will provide a way for me to over come all the difficulties and succeed.
Mom I 'm not sure if you are aware but you used the word legit in one of my letters. I just thought that was so funny. my mom is hip and happenin. haha.
Thanks for not sending the jacket, I would have just sent it right back home. The last week has been really nice. It's another warm day and it's official: Spring is on the way. I have printed some pictures and will send them home today. The rumors are true I will be able to call home in the airport. this is my flight schedule:
Thursday 3/15/12
 6:05 a.m. leave Salt Lake
9:50 a.m. arrive in Dallas
11:30 a.m. leave Dallas
3:10 p.m. arrive in Miami
7:05 pm leave Miami
9:10 pm arrive in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic!
I think these are all the local times of where I will be. I will call home during my lay over in Miami so sometime in the afternoon so get ready. I'll call mom's cell phone. I bought a pay phone card so I'll use that. This is very exciting and i can't wait. I'm going to start packing today.
 sounds like the D.R. group mom is a part of is really cool and very informational. Thanks for all the advice and info. I'm sure it will help a lot.
  Katie sent me a letter and unfortunately  I don't have her address. But it sounds like all is well with her and the baby is fine. She said something about a tornado which is scary and fortunate that it did not come any closer to them. Sounds like they are working hard and living the life. Thank you Katie and Gabe  for the letter and all the love. I'm sure Gabe is right and I'll learn much faster in the Dominican Republic.
Claire guess what?! I found someone here that knows the turtle song and he gave me the rest of it: "my turtle swims sideways your turtle swims upside down, my turtle swims sideways your turrtle is dead..." I like our version better because turtles are cool and I want them all to live and we just laugh hysterically after the first line. I cut that part of the box out and kept it. It's on my desk in my room.
I'll talk to the rest of the clan in my handwritten letter I'm running out of time and I want to share some spiritual things:
I've been receiving a lot of personal revelation about prayer lately. It seems that no matter what class or what meeting  I'm in we talk about prayer.
In 1 Nephi 2 verse 1 i think (trying to hurry here) it says that Nephi "spoke with God" and I have found myself too often talking at God rather than co nversing with Him. I 'm not confident that  many of the prayers I've said in the past have made it past the ceiling of my room because I just rattle off a bunch of routinish stuff. I want my prayers to penetrate the heavens and make it all the way to Heaven. As I've been trying to do this more I've had great experiences so I want to challenge all of you and ask you When was the last time you SPOKE with God? the last time you really and truly bore you heart and sould to God and like the King of the Lamanites Cried Mightily unto God. he was  willing to give all he had just to know if God was real and he was not disappointed and I know that God will answer our prayers when we cry with all our might unto  God.
Dad you were right there are many that are here are not ready and not in the right state of mind to be  missionaries. It's difficult to work with these individuals because they just don't understand. It 's frustrating and I'm not ruling myself out either. I need to  be better and eliminate distractions in my life and stay focused and it is difficult.
out of time again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
I will tell more in a written letter  which by the time you receive it I'll be in the D.R.
Love Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment