Wednesday, January 2, 2013

December 19, 2012 'Christmas Testimony'

 
December 19, 2012            Christmas Testimony

This testimony is to be printed and read on Christmas eve when the family is gathered and we are reading the account of Christ´s birth from the Bible as is customary and traditional for our family on Christmas eve.


Being a missionary is a great privilege. I have seen many incredible things happen in my life and the lives of others here. I´ve been blessed in ways that would be impossible outside of the mission. One great blessing that I have received is that of being able to catch a glimpse of God´s children through His eyes; He has blessed me to see the love that he has for each individual I see and teach and talk to and also to see the potential that each of us have as HIS children. I´ve been comforted by HIM as I have been told that certain investigators no longer want us to go by and teach them and I´ve been able to tell them that I love them and their Father in Heaven loves them. It is hard to see investigators fall away or stop progressing but I know it isn´t the end for them. Just because I was not the missionary to see them enter the waters of baptism doesn´t mean that it won´t ever happen. I have not and will never ´shake the dust of my feet¨ because I have a firm hope and faith that one day they will fully accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ into their lives and join us in the kingdoms of our Father.
Christ lives and I know that more now than at any other time in my life. He is mindful of me and is my strength and my rock. He has overcome death and I know that each of us will overcome the physical gift and that salvation is the sublime gift of God. I also know that our Heavenly Father does not only want to save us, rather he wants to exalt us on high. He has provided the way and all we need to do is get on it and stay on it. The world will not make it easy but as Elder Holland and Pres. Packer have so passionately stated, ¨It was never meant to be easy, we are working for Eternal Life!¨ It may be difficult at times but it is never impossible. Jesus Christ some 2012 years ago was born in a stable surrounded by animals. He was born in the most humble of circumstances that could exist for the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords to be born. He grew to accomplish His Father´s will and complete His mission perfectly and thanks be to our Heavenly Father that we are not under that same mandate but it is our mission and our quest to accomplish the Lord´s will and prepare this world and ourselves and our neighbors and our families and our friends when Christ will come again with power and glory to rein as the Son of God on earth. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and am striving to be like Him everyday and there is no better time of year to become more like him than this season. Amongst all the parties and games and gifts and everything associated with Santa Clause there are Always ways to see the influence of God in our lives and to see the True meaning of Christmas all around us. This year I am in a very different place than I am used to at this time of year and I am finding it a welcomed challenge to spread the true meaning of Christmas. This world is not too far gone that we cannot make it better by being better. 

In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment